silver hoardings

Friday, September 09, 2005

SS

I had to take my kids to the Social Security office to get the ID cards changed to show they were valid for employment. We had to take the green cards and other ID to prove they were who we said they were. J got asked when she was going to become a citizen and although she felt like saying "when America admits to Global Warming" or something along those lines she held her tongue as she needs the card for the job at Vons that she has accepted.
As we approached the building my tummy was churning and I felt sick. Why do offical places make me feel like this. I'm a legal resident and all my paperwork is good and yet I feel like I'd imagine an escapee from Colditz would feel as the solders calling "papers please" comes nearer! SS indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home