silver hoardings

Friday, October 08, 2004

TNC to the rescue

I am trying to catch up my scrapbook with all the photos from a holiday 2 years ago. I am not good at remembering names of places and this holiday was taken on a canal boat and all the bridges and locks look the same to me now!! But gradually things remind me of roughly where a piccy was taken. So then I remembered a fav website of some folks who have been having adventures on the canals for as long as we have! I went to the site and had a great time looking at their photos and comparing them to mine and I was able to place at least 3 of my pics using their log and photos. Thanks to the Tuesday Night Club and the great records of the many canal trips that they have taken!! I always think that I have taken more photos than I have. I try to take as many as possible and thanks to digital it is easier now. But it is hard to take pics when you're maneuvering into a lock or opening the gates!! The photographer for the TNC seems to always remember to get a shot of the name of the town or a signpost for a pub that they are going to and that helps keep things in order. Next time I will try to remember these tips and take more pics of place names as well as the scenery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home