silver hoardings

Saturday, October 01, 2005

peaceful

Having a nice peaceful day, doing domestic things. In the afternoon I was pursueing my hobby of scrapbooking when all hell let loose. S yelled up the stairs for me to check the kids bathroom and I could tell by the panic in his voice that it was an
emergency. I dashed into the room and found to my horror that the toilet was overflowing, the carpet wet through to the hall and water gushing outside. S dashed outside and turned the water off at the mains. Water was pouring through the garage ceiling and down the electric light cables, so the electric had to go off too.
We did the best we could ripping out carpet and underlay and I think we saved the ceiling from further damage by our quick reactions. It got dark quickly and we got an extension cable and borrowed elctricity from our neighbour until S decided it was safe to turn the power back on. Shame really I was looking forward to an evening of scrabble round the camping gas lights!! But that aside it was a bit of a disaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home