silver hoardings

Friday, June 13, 2008

June 12 of 12

Not just another day but my dd's birthday. But lucky for her and sadly for me she's off to Las Vegas for a long weekend and I didn't get a chance to take any photos of her before she left!
I did however go geocaching with my new geocaching cohort The Lost Clan. We had a mixed day with 9 finds and 6 DNFs (did not finds)in Escondido. I drove and she navigated.



My van's mileometer is not quite right but I took this at the start of our morning.



TLC's first find of the day. The next find was much the same.



Big & Red, a find after a DNF



TLC had offered to replace this cache as the original had gone missing. I still claim it as a find of course!




This took us a little longer than it should have but it was a very pleasant area and we were being serenaded (or was it mocked) by a very noisy Mockingbird on the telegraph pole by us!



This was near another DNF the clue was 'A Pie' I thought of apple pie when I saw this but could not find the cache by Condorman. I did see a lovely Red Tail Hawk though.



I think this was the only find I made, too many Nascar caches in Temecula made us expect something else from the name of this cache!



This one was in a drain and even on a beautiful day like today I was a little wary of a flash flood so did not think to take a photo until we were almost back at the van. No hints in these photos!




Our final cache of the day was also not found. TLC and I have looked for this twice now and have even had further clues from the placer but again we came up empty handed. Someone has found it in between our DNFs, so we are feeling that we must have missed something totally obvious!!




Linda and I went our separate ways and I came home and made myself a toasted chicken and cheese sandwich, I like them extra crispy!



After lunch I made a scrapbook layout which I posted on my favourite Lifetime Moments board.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Cecilie @ ancema.dk said…

    Oh! Not only 12 of 12 but also geocaching - how cool!

    We proudly announce of DNF too ;o) And btw on geocaching.com we're Yellow Ants (our mark uses the QK ants).

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Dogeared said…

    What a shame about the DNFs! Glad you got some finds though :D

    Helen (12er)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home