silver hoardings

Thursday, January 27, 2005

law abiding member of the community!!

Just as I turned into our road I noticed ahead of me, police lights flashing, oh dear I thought, what's happening, we never see the police down our road.
As I got nearer, I realised the police had pulled over a van, very like ours and they had stopped just two doors down from our house, being a nosey neighbour I looked again and Heaven's above, IT is our van, my poor husband, what has he done and how very embaressing!! I must admit I was half laughing but with some trepidation as I scuttled very swiftly into the garage and brought the door down behind me with some speed!! I did'nt dare tell the kids as I did not want them standing outside watching their poor dad getting a ticket or making things worse for him.
So I went into the kitchen and started to make the tea. Some ten minutes later S came in, he had not noticed when I had passed by so didn't realise at first that I had seen anything but he was still rather shaken but more with relief as he had managed to get away without a ticket, this time!! I told him I seen the police car and asked what he had done. The police had followed him all the way from the second set of lights before home because he had not come to a full stop before turning right on a red light. Then after stopping S it had seemed like a long time before the cop got out of his car to come over to let him know what the problem was, S had even got out his book to read, although he confessed he had read the same paragraph over and over!!
Anyway the very kind policeman just gave S a written warning as S expressed some doubt over his understanding of the 'turning on red' rules and was such an upstanding, taxpaying, law abiding member of the community!! Thanks goodness for that. The fine could have been as much as $300.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home