silver hoardings

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Lost cat

We had a lady come into the office today with a flyer about her lost cat. I'm such a softy, I could feel myself tearing up as I offered to post the flyer on the staff notice board. The cat's name is Pip and as soon as I saw that I told her that I had had a cat called Pip or Pippin too. He looked nothing like my Pippin but it still made me sad to think of this poor lost kitty.
We had to leave my Pippin in England when we moved to California as it was too expensive for us, at the time, to bring him with us. S's dad found a home for him with the daughter of a friend of his and Pippin was a very loved member of their family for quite a few more years.
Cats seem to dig very deep holes in our hearts. I have to stop now as I'm getting teary eyed again just remembering all the lovely cats I've loved over the years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home