silver hoardings

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

We could not manage dessert!

It is S's birthday today, rather an important one which he has not been looking forward to.
J gave him a card with scales indicating dirt on one side, age on the other. S didn't get is so we had to explain it to him! I gave him a card with things that have been invented since he was born pictured on it. A would have bought him a card but he didn't have enough money for it, which made me feel guilty. I should have made sure he had some money. He never asks for money normally being happy with us paying for his online gaming subs and not much else. We don't give him an allowance or pocket money.
Then we went out for a meal at Rock Bottom in La Jolla, going in two cars as J wanted to go somewhere else afterwards. We soon got separated as I drive to the speed limit and J does not.
J was sensible though and called ahead to make a reservation. Somehow I managed to get there first, J got off at the wrong exit!! As we pulled into the parking lot, the car in front stopped and a woman got out and rushed into the restaurant, ha ha, I thought. she thinks she's going to beat us to a table!! When we got in we were more or less taken straight to our table and the woman's party was still waiting! neener neener!! RB was very busy, amazingly so for a Weds. night!
J thought our waiter was cute! He was efficient and helpful too.
I ordered the beer battered mahi tacos. They came with a horrid looking sloppy black bean sauce and rice which I did not eat and the fish was wrapped in a corn tortilla, I thought the menu said flour tortilla, so as I am not keen on corn I only ate one and just ate the fish in the other two, probably better for me and my 'diet'.
J had the grilled mahi mahi and ate it all. A had a portabello mushroom burger and fries and the birthday boy had pub tips which is beef in a tasty sauce, he also enjoyed 2 pints of RB Raj IPA!!
We could not manage dessert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home