silver hoardings

Sunday, October 09, 2005

door handle

The locking door handle on our back door has been getting more and more difficult to turn and I have been careful not to shut it behind me when going out into the garden for fear that it would shut and lock me out.

Any day I could have been stuck outside while going to get milk from the fridge in my nightie or feeding the birds a crust and noone would have been home to hear my cries!!

I have mentioned my concern a couple of times to S but as he seems to have no trouble with it, he nods his head with that knowing look and ignores me.

Today that all changed. S went out side, in his pjs, to check on his hanging baskets and lo and behold he could not get back into the kitchen. Luckily I was near by but before I let him in, through the family room's sliding door as I could not open the kitchen door, I laughed.
Later S went to Ace and got a new handle and fixed the door. Why do men wait until it breaks on them to fix something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home