silver hoardings

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tom's A Geocacher

I'm not much one for puzzle caches and unless it's really simple I don't even try them but yesterday I was scanning FB when a friend asked for recommendations for apps to put on her new phone. I suggested Angry Birds and Scrabble and another friend gave a long list including one he said would help with some new puzzles. I was intrigued and looked it up and immediately realized I knew at least 3 caches that it would help solve!

I opened the cache page and touched the new app's icon, waved it over the page and wow the hidden coords were revealed! What fun. I also noticed that someone had a public bookmark list of local caches of the same sort so I looked at that and the other caches that I had vaguely remembered were also on the list so I didn't even have to work on finding them! I emailed TLC who I rely on for puzzle cache information and she knew all about them but not having a smart phone was unable to solve them. How nice for me to be able to return a few favours I owe her for all the times she has helped me!!

So this morning TLC changed our plans slightly and looked for CT12: Tom's A Geocacher. We loaded the co-ords and luckily it was not too far and soon we were at gz. TLC made the find quickly and we signed the log. Very satisfying!

We went back to the plan and found a couple more caches. We also fixed one of TLCs caches that had fallen down. TLC also planted an ammo can ready for a puzzle that she is working on. A busy couple of hours. No photos today as I left the camera at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home