silver hoardings

Friday, April 08, 2005

All week

All week I've had nothing to blog about and now two things come along together!!
After finishing work today I went into our local grocery store to do the w/e shopping. Nothing like good old sainsbos or tesco I can tell you!! I was pleased to see it was not crowded and was just selecting my cooked chicken when they announced a "cake walk' the girl on the tannoy (I don't suppost it's made by tannoy anymore but you know the thing I mean) told us to find a number on the floor and they would pick out a number and the winner would get a cake. Well I looked down and only a few feet away was the number 12, just in front of the deli and cake counter! I made my way over to the number and stood on it. There was a 10 second countdown and the announcer, who I could see behind the counter picked the number..................6 Oh well at least it made the shopping a little more intesting. The cake looked very nice too but I resisted the temptation to buy one!!

The second thing:
I had just sat down to eat my lunch after packing away the shopping, when my cat slipped in through the garage cat flap. He had a mouse!! It was dead but Coco looked so pleased with himself, he took it under the kitchen table and all my coaxing would not get him to take it outside. He was batting it up in the air and trying to get it to run away but it was not going anywhere!!
I hate it when the cats bring home their catch, they think they're so clever but at least it means he must be feeling better. S had to take him to the vet last week as he had a nasty cut on his chin which he kept opening up. It's a right game every evening when we have to give him a pill and some liquid medicine and rub some ointment on his chin. It took 5 trys to give him the pill the first night as every time I thought he had swallowed it and let him go he would spit it out!! Last night however we got not only the pill but the medicine down at first go!! We give him some cat crack (catmint)as dd calls it as a reward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home