silver hoardings

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

dentist

I almost forgot I had an appointment at the dreaded dentist today. I got home from work at about 1ish and made my lunch, pate on toast and then started to watch on the telly the craft show I had recorded earlier. I drifted of to sleep as last night we had an earthquake 4.0 just east of us and although I had gone back to sleep quite quickly afterwards it had still been an exciting but disturbing event. Anyhoo I woke up about 1:45 and decided to wash up the breakfast and lunch things. I had just started to run the water when the appointment popped into my head. It was 2:05 and my appointment was at 2:00 but luckily I only live a mile away so I was not too late. As I signed in the dentist's assistant was waiting for me at the door!!
I thought I was only having 1 tooth filling extracted and replaced but Atilla said while I was anethawatsited she might as well do all 4!! I can't say that it hurt as it didn't, it was just dreadfully uncomfortable. I kept feeling I was filling up and had to swallow. I'm sure in the list of world's worst jobs, dentistry must be way up at the top.
Now my mouth feels like it's full of cotton wool and my tongue is numb and my chin feels very strange indeed. I should'nt eat until 6ish which is OK. But could sure do with a nice cup of tea!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home