silver hoardings

Friday, May 13, 2005

airports

At work we had been talking about it being Friday the Thirteenth all day. This evening I had to go to the airport to pick up S after his week away business trip to Texas. I allowed myself 40 minutes to do the 20 minute journey and just as well as there was a game on a Petco Park (baseball) and the traffic through Balboa park was quite backed up. Anyway, I got parked and found my way to the luggage thingy where I was to wait. I had looked up the flight on a tracking website and knew exactly what gate and everything! the marvels of the web!! While waiting I watched the people coming and going and thought how brave all these people were to fly today!!
It was a great relief to see S wave to me from the mezzanine floor. He does not go on these business trips very often, thank goodness, and I'm very happy to have him home safe and sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home