silver hoardings

Friday, April 22, 2005

We decided to go to Disneyland today. It is the last day of son's spring break and I was feeling guilty that we had not done anything together. Daughter wanted to go but did'nt want to drive and I felt that son was not ready for LA traffic. When I mentioned dl to dh, much to my surprise he said he'd like to go too, apparently a stressful day at work and various health issues made dl a pleasent alternative to work!!
I drove and after an initial moan about my speed ( I keep to the speed limit). J said 'perhaps mum should drive home when we're not in a hurry' and I said 'if you make another comment I'll pull over and you can drive' She put her jukebox on and I heard not another word!!
We went to the newest ride first which was Buzz Lightyear's Astro ride and we did not know what to expect. The line was long but that's part of the 'fun'! Anyway we eventually got to the front and the ride turned out to be a fairly slow ride through a lot of anamatronics firing lazers and we had lazer guns to fire back with!! At the end you could get a photo of you in the carriage with your score sent to your email. Then we had lunch and did all the other rides that are our favs. Pirates of the Carribean is still my v. favourite with Indiana Jones coming a close second.
We also had 2 tickets for the California Adventure Land, so J and I had a quick look in there and went on the Soarin' over CA ride which was much better that I thought it was going to be. We also went on the Grizzly River run which was a ride on a raft down a fast flowing 'river'. I got much wetter than I expected too. Then we went back to dl and met the others for the most exciting ride of all.......... the ride home!! A great day out and it didn't end in tears!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home