silver hoardings

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Skunk

I was sitting quietly in our family room tonight, when suddenly I could hear food being eaten in the garage. I knew both my cats were in the garden waiting for their supper so I wondered which one of the pesky other cats from the neighbourhood could be in there.
I switched on the light and opened the door quickly so as to catch the culpret red handed and found to my surprise it was a skunk!!
It rushed towards me and then turned round and I thought for one dreadful moment I was going to get skunked!! But it was just hiding under the shelving. I opened the garage doors and closed the house door in the hope it would go out that way. After a while I went back, closed the door and gathered up the cat food that it was stealing and heard a noise under the boat so I guessed it was still in there. The skunk must have worked out how to go through the garden door's cat flap so I locked the cat flap from the garage to the house and hoped the skunk would go out the way he came in.
Sunday morning Coco was in the garage and there was no sign of the skunk. I have now locked the flap and hope that the skunk stays outside where he belongs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home