silver hoardings

Thursday, October 13, 2005

new saucepan

I have to buy a new saucepan today. Last night just as I was going to bed S asked what he was going to have for lunch Thursday. I said I had'nt any thing readyn but would he like me to make some pasta. As he said that would do very nicely I put a pot of water on, waited for it to come to the boil and put in the pasta. When it boiled again, I turned it down to a simmer and went to bed! About midnight A came in from walking his friend's dog and said there was something awful in the kitchen and the whole house was starting to smell. I leapt out of bed, and ran down stairs, the pasta had boiled dry and was burning, I ran the pot under the cold water and dug out the burned pasta and sent it down the waste disposal. Oh the smell was indescribable!! It was a good thing that A had been up late or the whole house might have gone up in flames!!
Sprayed the house with Lysal as I thought that would help get rid of the smell. I tried to get back to sleep but it was a long time before I was able to stop thinking of what might have happened. S went to work without any lunch this morning!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home