silver hoardings

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

all in one

The power of advertising. On a message board I go to they play a lot of word games, one is called connect a word.

Quote:

Here's a game where i say a word and you have to connect it. Like if i said Elevator, you can put Shaft,Door..etc (Elevator shaft.Elevator door Say you put "Door" The next person has to find a word to connect to door: Knob,bell,..etc.

So, recent words have been:

oyster sause

sause thickens.

I immediatly thought Bisto!!

Thickens all In One (English gravy called Bisto, which stands for Browns, Seasons and Thickens all In One)

I don't think they have used that slogan for years and I certainly have'nt seen it here in the US!!

I never knew that Bisto actually stood for something and that it has been around since 1908. I can just about remember the Bisto Kids and I vaguely remember the adverts showing a happy family, with the mum stiring the gravy and all sitting down to a homecooked meal!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home