silver hoardings

Saturday, November 20, 2004

small world

Further proof of my homesickness. If any is needed. Another news group that I belong to to one that follows the daily doings of nesting pereguin falcons on the Kodak building in Rochester. After the young family has left the nest there is not much to talk about except general bird watching and gossiping. One member linked to her walk in the woods photos that she had posted, I had not read the letter too closely and had not at first realised that the woods were in England but as soon as I saw the pics I was interested. I emailed her to thank her for sending the link and mentioned that I was born in Kent near her woods and where I had lived in Chelmsford and she emailed me back to say 'what a coincedence as she had been born in Chelmsford!!' From her second note I know she is a year older than me although I had thought her younger, she had moved away when she was 12. I doubt that we ever met but we did both go to the same main library!! The internet certainly makes it seem like a small world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home