silver hoardings

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

phones

The phones are not working at work today. The main line in works but we can't pick up when the overhead line rings. This meant I had to sit in the icy cold lobby for the morning answering the phone but as I could not forward the calls to anyone in the front office I had to keep running back and forth to tell whoever that the call was for them, then they had to go out on the shop floor to pick up the call there!!. Luckily the lobby office pc has internet connection so I was able to read my mail but the screen resolution is all off so that gave me a headache. We called out the sbc but when they came, he took one look at the system and said he wasn't allowed to touch it!! But out of the kindness of his heart he had a look in our phone room and showed B how to temporialy move the lines around so at least we could dial out and pick up calls. He said we have to call the folks who set up our phone system. This we did and they are coming tomorrow!

I went out for lunch with J but she was a bit quiet. Things wer'nt helped by the noisy group of young mothers and their many young children that we sat next to. One child kept screaming and nothing her mother did would pacify her, what faces she made!! Secretly it made me laugh as J & A were not the best behaved kiddies in the world although they never screamed in public they would fidget and wonder off around the restaurant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home