silver hoardings

Thursday, November 18, 2004

wishy washy

Had lunch with J, we went to a new (to me) restaurant and I went straight to the dessert, Tiramasu and a cup of tea. It's hard to get a decent cuppa over here, they just can't seem to bring themselves to boil water!! By the time you get a mug of hot water and a teapot for one also filled with luke warm water and chosen* your teabag, the water is just not warm enough to get the best out of the teabag! I also forgot to ask for milk so had to wait for the waitress to get that. She brought it to me in a plastic drinking cup. Don't even think about a second cup unless you like wishy washy pale tea!
*Yes I did have to choose my teabag. The waitress presented me with this wooden chest filled with various packages of what passes for tea over here, mostly fruity peach flavoured or spicy cinnemon flavour but luckily I spotted a stray packet of Earl Grey and snagged that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home