silver hoardings

Saturday, October 15, 2005

supermarket

My daughter is learning how to be a cashier at our local supermarket. Seemed like an easy job to me but it is surprisingly difficult. She had to learn 50 code numbers for various fruit and veg and scored a 95% on her test! I helped her learn the numbers with flash cards and repetition and still only remembered about 5 numbers by heart at the end of an hour!!
She's been reduced to tears by two customers so far. Very Rude Women thought that the wine she had bought was on sale (it wasn't) and demanded J correct the mistake. It was a matter of $5 and as a man it the line commented, remarking at the VRW's expensive designer purse, she looked as though she didn't need the money. against company policy, the manager gave the women her money back. I can't remember what Very Rude Man's problem was but apparently he is KNOWN in the market and always has a GO at the cashiers. VRM ended up apologizing and offered to give her a hug(!) which is also against company policy(!) Who knew!! But if you knew J you'd know why he wanted to hug her!! I hope J manages to get a thicker skin as I think she'll need it for this job.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Jeangenie said…

    (ned) I hope J recovers. It does annoy me when people are rude to cashiers, whatever the problem it is never the cashier's fault, and as for offering to molest an employee VRM should be banned from ever going into the shop ever again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home