silver hoardings

Monday, January 09, 2006

vandalism

S leaves his car in a car park everyday and takes a van to work as part of a group of car sharing collegues from work. Just lately there has been a spate of vandalism and Friday it was his Volvo's turn along with 5 other cars. All had either their lights, mirrors or windows smashed. Some idiot had tried to smash the Volvo's front windscreen 8 times but was unable to do more that make a dent in the glass. What a waste of time. S phoned round and got a few quotes and ended up with a quote for $160 if we could get the Volvo there by 8:00am Saturday, so that was the end of any thought of a late start Saturday.

S wanted me to follow him down to the Glass repair shop incase the Volvo broke down, it's not terribly reliable for long trips, which is why he uses just to go to the car park. S is not one for keeping to the speed limits and so he bombed away down the free way. I was just beginning to lose track of him ( I keep to the speed limits!!) and thought if I don't get a bit more of a move on I'll lose him!! So started to speed up a bit when I noticed this Beemer appear in my rear view mirror out of nowhere and behind him a CHiP on a bike with the lights flashing! Talk about heart attack!! for a moment I thought the CHiP was after me but I saw him wave the Beemer over. Made me all shakey, talk about ironic if I got a ticket for speeding, the way I nag S about it when he's driving!
Anyway I did lose sight of S but luckily I had memorised the way to the repair shop and did'nt get lost. We got a new windscreen for the Volvo.
So now I have to get up at a very early hour to take S to catch his van poolride. I hope that now the kids are back to school the vandalism stops and S can start taking his car in the mornings again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home