silver hoardings

Friday, December 24, 2004

day's adventure

Today we are going to find our 300th cache. It's probably really more as there have been some I have not logged and at least one that the entire page was deleted, unfortunately our first, but luckily we did two that day and the other one is still active.
We had a note to say that my TB Squirt had been placed in a close by cache so that pretty much decided where our days cacheing would be centred. I chose our 4 caches with care as I did not want to be disappointed and unable to get to 300. I could not count the cache that the TB was in as I had already found it, Simon had not found this one as it was one of two that I did alone after work as it is very close to my office. I chose a multicache as our 300th which with hindsight was probably a mistake, as waypoints can be and in this case was, lost, and we did not find the cache. Luckily I had another cache in reserve also with a Christmas theme and we were successful in finding it. We have never been number driven so our total of 300 caches since August 11, 2001 is puny compared to many, but unlike some, I can remember a good many of the caches we have found and recall the details of the day's adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home