silver hoardings

Monday, February 07, 2005

monday monday

Just settling myself down at my desk, when lb called me into her office. "Shut the door"Always an ominous sign, I did so. Well she told me that business is not so good. They have no new orders for the forseeable month or two. They have laid off several more people on the shop floor and how did I feel about doing less hours? The ax had swung!! I knew it was coming and half a job is better than no job at all so I agreed that would be OK. If things improve they will give me more hours but at least until I come back from my unpaid leave later this month I will be working only 8:00 to 12:00.
The funny thing was that about a quarter to 12, lb asked me to place an order for lunch for bb's wife to pick up, 'call about 12:15' says lb. I reminded her that I was supposed to be leaving at 12:00. "Oh I'd forgotten" she says. 'I'm a bit busy today, you'ed better stay until 4:00 today!!'



1 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Loretta said…

    Isn't that just typical? I hope they will pay you for it. Fingers crossed that business will pick up and work will return to normal soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home