silver hoardings

Friday, February 04, 2005

Movies again

I would have been quite happy to spend the evening pootling about on the web and maybe doing some scrapbooking but S wanted to go out to see a movie. So we went to see the Phantom of the Opera. I have listened to the music forever and I have seen it live at the San Diego Civic Theatre although unfortunately I got seats right up in the highest part!! You don't really get a good impression when you only see the tops of peoples heads!!

Other than the above I had no preconceptions of the film. I did not know who was in it or how long it was going to be!!

I really enjoyed it!! As the music was so famliar I could concentrate on other aspects. The special effects were clever and effective in defining the mood! Raoul was a bit of a wimp, I found his silly hair a bit distracting but he rode a horse like a champ!! The phantom was so handsome with the mask and so evil without it, very well lit and acted. Christine had a wonderful voice. Although I did think she should have covered her chest a bit more while wondering around in the graveyard in the snow.

It wasn't as good as Moulin Rouge or Chicago but It was worth seeing on the big screen.

After the movie we went to the book shop. I could'nt believe it was still open a 10:30 pm and very busy. I almost bought a Cary Grant biography but think I'll wait for it to come out in paperback. I bought a new Terry Pratchett book, Monstrous Regiment for my son and S bought another (sarcasim) rib tickler about the war. Who knew bookshops were open so late!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home