silver hoardings

Monday, October 25, 2004

No discipline

Today I had an appointment to see ds councilors and school physiologist. He has had several tests to see if he still needed extra help, but it seems that he passed all the tests even getting a superior mark for reading and will no longer qualify for the teachers aide that he gets in math!!
The physiologist seemed very relieved that I did not make a big fuss and insist he continue with the help. I expect she usually gets mums insisting that their child gets the extra help, but I have always felt that he was not as bad as they said. I told her that the only reason he got put into special aid in the first place was because he spoke English with an English accent and the teacher thought he had a speech impediment. I did not add that the teacher was also v. young and a Filipino(sp) who IMHO could hardly speak English herself and had no discipline in the class that I could see!
Now all we need do is to make sure that A gets all the credit points he needs to leave HS and take the extra math class to pass the math test everyone has to take to graduate. Easier said than done but I will do my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home