silver hoardings

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

office goings on

One of my co workers got the sack today. I thought there was something going on when little boss told me to wait a couple of days before paying our health ins, but I thought that it would be someone on the shop floor not in O. So I was really shocked when she put her head round the door of my office and said she had just been laid off! It's really too bad, she is one of the few people round here that I talk too and also gives me her coupon for Michaels' every week!
I have not yet found out why as I try to keep my head down and not be a gossip. I am surprised that the O manager has not said anything. He does not keep secrets and is a very open chap. I guess he will be busier than ever now doing her rounds.
I got into trouble today so I feel lucky that it was not me sacked as I gave the owners cell phone no. to his MIL and got a very cross call from his wife telling me off. Opps!
I felt a little sorry for B (he is little bosses nephew) he had to sit in as a witness to the interview to lay off N. But I have a feeling he will be doing her job in the not so distant future so I hope he feels a little guilty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home