silver hoardings

Friday, October 29, 2004

thief of the cat food

We had a raccoon in the garden last night! S had put the cat's food outside as he hates the mess C & C make spreading it all around the floor. Must say I agree really esp. as I tend to walk around barefoot in the kitchen and dry cat food is nasty and sharpe to tread on. Anyways the raccoon was tucking in well, he picked up the food with his front paws and was stuffing in in as fast as he could. Mother cat was in the kitchen and puffed up like a huge furball, her tail like a bottle brush, hissing and being very brave with the glass door between her and the raccoon. The black and white stray (Sylvester) was sitting under the garden table also hissing to no avail, as he too, is another thief of the cat food!
The raccoon was not put off even when I banged on the door to scare him away, he just took a couple of handfuls of food and backed off long enough for me to grab the bowl! Sylvester is trying to get his foot over the threshold but I'm not giving in, two cats are more than enough. After the raccoon had gone, in sauntered my other cat demanding his supper so I put down his Friskies.
He only likes the gravy so I put the rest out for S or the raccoon, whoever gets there first when he is finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home