silver hoardings

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Bah Humbug

OK So he should'nt have opened his Christmas gift before the big day but at least it means that I will be able to get him something to exchange it for. The large brown puffy envelope was rather tempting on the kitchen table and he couldn't resist, it had come all the way from his Grandma in England.. His was the only one that was not wrapped in Christmassy paper and was in a plain white envelope. I went down to make a cup of tea and the envelope was opened and the presents strewn across the kitchen table and dissappointment all over his face!!
What's the matter I said. A replied 'I knew GMa hates me but why did she send me, a17 year old boy, a calendar?' I thought it must be a car or bike calender but no its calender of soft ,pastel, watercolours of cottages in Sussex, perfect for me but useless for him!! I thought that perhaps she'd put the wrong labels on and told him to open mine to see but no that was not the case. I try to tell myself it's the thought that counts, I hate to be uncharitable but what thought goes into a gift like that? I have bought her some very expensive smellies and they will also cost an arm and a leg to send in the mail, I've just made up my mind to send it ground by the way!. And I have just sent her a calender (smirk) but it's of photo's of her and the family!! Which cost $20 + $8 to mail Bah Humbug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home