silver hoardings

Friday, February 11, 2005

one car

This adventure was worthy of blogging, I felt it was almost simongesque!
My dd's car needed it's annual smog test (like MOT but only emissions tested) We thought that as I now have the aftenoon free that we would get it done after lunch on Friday.
Dd and I arranged to meet at the smog station in Poway so that while her car was being tested we could go off in my car to do some shopping or something. Friday afternoon it absolutly poured down and was thoroughly miserable. I left work and went to the smog station, as I was early, I went in and booked J's car in, with the required paperwork done I went back to my car to await J's arrival, and waited and waited and waited. I waited an hour, no sign of her. I do not have a cell phone, so could not call her and if I'd gone to the office I would not have her number as I do not know it off by heart, so I decided to go home. By the time I got home I was really cross, imagining all sorts of retribution. I pulled into our drive, no sign of her car, open the garage door and there was her car!! Stomped into the house. Where have you been we said almost together. 'I've been waiting at the smog station all this time' I say. "so have I" she says.
We looked at each other in disbelief! 'I was parked right out side the office' I said. 'I was parked by the lawnmower shop' (next door to the smog station)she countered. Well it transpires that we were parked either side of a huge truck that blocked our view and because of the rain, dd did not get out of her car and see me! 'I'm not going back' says dd in a v. bad temper and stormed upstairs to her room.
Well we have to get the test done so I let her stew for a while and then I started to see the funny side of the event. I managed to persuade her that it was a comical mistake and not a disaster and we went back to the smog station for another try, together in one car!!
The good news now, is that it passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home